Thursday, July 16, 2015

Afternoon off

We only teach until noon on Thursdays which was very helpful since as we all know as a clergy I only work1/2 day on Sunday. I am exhausted!

So I set out too explore since daytime is not quite as insane walking amid the scooters as after 4 PM. I booked a day tour for all of Hanoi for Saturday since so far all I have seen is the Old City and the school. There will be numerous  Ho Chin Min sights but some cultural stuff, too.

And two doors down was an ice cream place. How does one have ice cream when there are no freezers? It is made to order. Milk, salt in a mixer. Then a metal jar is filled with the steam from a CO2 container and dumped around the mix container. The result is flakey, not creamy, but plenty cold and refreshing.






Off to a water puppet theater event tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment