Friday, July 3, 2015

New adventure

I am traveling with a different group this year, Global Volunteers. We live in a hotel rather than a group house and work for only 2 weeks but the format and goals of the program are the same. Cross Cultural Solutions ran out of places I want to go in the time frame I had. I am sure the other volunteers will be just as interesting. And Hanoi will be fascinating.

I remember in Grade 8 only one kid in our class could find Vietnam on a map (show off!). By the time we left college we were all caught in the draft or lottery - or draft card burning or heading for Canada. So the Vietnam era was a defining part of my life. The travel books say it is now a popular tourist destination, especially the beaches. I am excited to see it all!

I leave July 9, via Seoul and Korean Airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment