Sunday, July 12, 2015

On the job and around town

We have had our first 1/2 day of teaching - I haves grades 6-9 in the Bilingual wing of a private school. They are bright and some want to know all about the USA. I did get a wonderful question of how Obama and I could both live in Chicago if he was black and I was white! What an opportunity to talk about the USA!

There are about 5 million bjillion scooters here. Not bitty putputs but serious sub-Harley's. Weaving in and out and generally honking and scooting. The big question - where to park all these coasters when people live stacked up and shop and work where there are no parking garages or anything off street? On the sidewalk, of course. So the sidewalks are wide but 2/3 of the path is scooter parking. The other 1/3 is teeny plastic stools and tables for food service.  We walk in the street with the moving scooters and a few cars and busses.

I saw what I thought was T-shirt misprint: "Let's Taco about It!" But either it was a big run of misprints or some new campaign. They are everywhere. Am I missing something?

1 comment: